And 0.7 is now released. I didn't fit in everything planned for it, but oh well, that's for 0.8 ;)
The 0.7 changes:
- Lumps in the lump list are now colour-coded. Red means the lump is currently unsaved and blue means it has been newly created
- 'Restore Lump' could sometimes restore the wrong lump if there was another lump sharing it's name
- Improved JPEG detection
- Option not to force uppercase lump names in wad files
- Greatly improved speed when saving zip files
- slumptemp.wad will no longer appear in recent wads list after opening a wad from within a zip/pk3
- If a recent wad isn't found it is removed from the recent list
- Fixed texture editor crash when a patch isn't found
- Added simple lump type filter for lump list
- Configuration dialog added, finally
- Detection of nonstandard gfx lumps (anything not DoomFlat/DoomGfx/PNG/BMP/JPG) can now be turned off
If you check the menu bar above you'll see two new items, SVN and Forum. That's right, the SVN is up and running, and SLumpEd now has it's own forum. Thanks Manc!
Just a quick 'patch' that fixes a silly mistake in 0.6 and adds some minor things.
Looks like I didn't lie about 0.6 being 'soon' after all :P Go to the downloads section to grab it. Not a whole lot of changes this time, but for 0.7 I have some major plans.
The 0.6 changes:
- Logfile is now only ever created in the SLumpEd app directory
- Configuration is now stored in application data directory
- Added 'save changes' button to gfx editor
- Changed tabs to use wxAUI, now they have close buttons ;)
- Various minor improvements
- Various bug fixes
Well I've finally gotten around to creating a website for SLumpEd. There's not a lot here at the moment, but at least it's a start.
In SLumpEd news, I've been working on it a little lately and should have v0.6 ready sometime soon. I also hope to have an SVN setup for it at some point too.